Congratulations to our 2021 scholarship recipient, Meggie! To learn more about Meggie and our previous winners, please visit our winners’ page!
For over 25 years, Hancock Injury Attorneys has been dedicated to serving Tampa Bay by protecting our community and making it a safer place to live. We do this by holding large insurance corporations accountable on behalf of our clients, many of whom have suffered serious injuries due to the negligence of others. These include traumatic brain injuries and permanent injuries to spinal cords, shoulders, or knees. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to our clients as they endure some of the most difficult times in their lives. That’s why we say, “You Focus on Getting Better, We Take Care of Everything Else.”
In an effort to extend the idea of making safer communities, Hancock Injury Attorneys strives to encourage students to improve themselves by going to college and furthering their education. With better educational opportunities, these student change makers will in turn make their communities a better place.
We know that to get to the point where you can make a positive impact, it takes a huge amount of hard work. Both attorneys Mike and Claire Hancock worked part-time jobs throughout high school, college and law school to help pay for their education. Their work ethic helped them get to the place they are today, successfully fighting for justice for their clients. In support of these students who have worked hard not only in school but also in a part-time job, Hancock Injury Attorneys is awarding a $1,000 scholarship opportunity.
- Applicants must be a student in good standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Seeking either an undergraduate degree or advanced degree at an accredited institution of higher education within the United States.
- Worked at a part-time or full-time job at some point during high school and/or college.
- Be accepted to an institution of higher learning.
- And one of the following applies:
- Graduated from high school or are graduating within 9 months
- Have received GED or are receiving GED within 9 months.
- Accepted as a two to four-year college student enrolled in a US institution for undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Employees and vendors of Hancock Injury Attorneys and immediate family members are not eligible for this essay contest.
How to Apply:
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Official or Unofficial Transcript
- Creative advertisement for Hancock Injury Attorneys (Please only submit one of the following)
- 30 second video commercial (Youtube link, Google Drive link, or link to social media post)
- 30 second jingle (Youtube link, Google Drive link, SoundCloud Link, or link to social media post)
- Graphic design for billboard (PDF, JPG, PNG, or link to social media post)
2022 Scholarship Award Information, Dates & Deadlines:
- One scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded
- Submissions close: May 7, 2022
- Winner contacted by: May 28, 2022
- The winner will be announced on our website and on social media.
- The scholarship award will be dispersed directly to the financial aid office/bursars office of the university matching the student’s .edu email address.
- All items required for submission including resume, transcript, and creative advertisement submission must be submitted at the same time, incomplete submissions will not be considered.