The American Cancer Society’s breast cancer awareness initiative, Real Men Wear Pink (RMWP), gives men a leadership role in the fight against breast cancer. Nominated men from across the nation learn to use the “power of pink” in order to raise awareness and compete to raise the most money for this campaign. Hancock Injury Attorneys is very excited to participate this year with Mike Hancock as an official ambassador!
This year’s collective donation goal is $150,000, a goal we a proud to contribute to – and you can too! Keep reading to learn more about our participation and how you can make a donation.
Real Men Wear Pink Ambassador, Attorney Mike Hancock
We are proud to announce that attorney Mike Hancock of Hancock Injury Attorneys has been nominated as an ambassador for the 2021 Real Men Wear Pink Campaign. Click here to read why Mike wears pink and help him reach his $2,500 donation goal.
What It Means to be a RMWP Ambassador
As ambassadors, Mike and other leaders like him commit to:
- Wearing pink throughout the month of October
- Using social media to raise awareness about breast cancer
- Fundraising $2,500 or more that will benefit the American Cancer Society
With your help, Mike can reach and surpass his $2,500 donation goal!
Donate to Real Men Wear Pink Today
Donate today to help us reach our campaign goal and the nationwide goal of $150,000!
Monetary donations coupled with sharing important information online can amplify the awareness surrounding breast cancer.
Here are some shareable facts about breast cancer:
- 1 in 8 women will receive a breast cancer diagnosis in her lifetime
- For the first time ever, female breast cancer has surpassed lung cancer as the most commonly diagnosed cancer worldwide (Global Cancer Statistics 2020)
- An estimated 1.9 million people will be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2021 in the United States (Cancer Facts & Figures)
- In 2020, patients missed 22 million cancer screenings
- Diagnosing and Treating Breast Cancer in stage 1 has a 99% survival rate
- The American Cancer Society has invested $74 million in active breast cancer research grants
You can also take a more active role in the fight against breast cancer by signing up for the Tampa Bay Making Strides Against Breast Cancerwalk event. The event will take place on Saturday, October 2nd, at Raymond James Stadium. All Tampa Bay “Real Men” will be recognized at this event. Sign up, join a team, and break out all your pink gear!
The RMWP campaign ends on Friday, October 29.
Click here for a free consultation so that you can focus on healing while we take care of everything else.