Premises Liability in Tampa
Generally in Florida, the owners or possessors of property can be held liable for injuries on their property if they created a safety hazard or failed to address dangerous conditions of which they had, or should have had, knowledge.
Your slip and fall injury may have been accidental, but it happened because a store employee or company violated a basic customer safety rule. Or your injuries or trauma from an assault happened because the property owner failed to provide adequate security.
Hancock Injury Attorneys: Your Slip & Fall Attorneys
We have earned premises liability verdicts and settlements in suits against the owners and property managers of stores, restaurants and other businesses, apartment buildings and hotels, parking lots, homes and other private properties. Our cases include slip-and-fall injuries, assaults, drownings and other injuries caused by:
- Spilled liquids and slippery floors
- Uneven walkways and unexpected step-ups/drop-offs
- Construction defects and code violations
- Falling merchandise or sharp protrusions
- Insufficient lighting in stairwells and parking lots
- Dangerous or unsupervised swimming pools
- Insufficient or negligent security
- Animal attacks
- Other foreseeable hazards
- Negligent security
- Swimming pool accidents
See our Slip-and-Fall Injury FAQ.