Tampa Rear-End Car Accident Lawyers
In a rear-end accident, Florida statute provide for the presumption is that the driver of the car behind is at fault. Why, then, do you need an attorney to handle your case? Doesn’t the other driver’s insurance automatically have to settle your case?
There are numerous reasons and scenarios to have an experienced trial lawyer like Mike Hancock on your side:
- There are circumstances in which the motorist in front can be blamed for a rear-end accident (a sudden unexpected stop, cutting off the other driver in traffic, etc.). It may be necessary to reconstruct the events. This is to prove the other driver was tailgating, speeding, distracted by a cell phone or otherwise at fault.
- If there is little damage to your vehicle, the insurance companies will be skeptical of your injury claims.
- Soft tissue injuries can be very disabling, but require extensive medical documentation.
- If the driver who hit you was not insured or carried minimal liability coverage, you may have to fight your own insurance company through a claim under your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy.
- Even when negligence is clear and the injuries are obvious, insurers will still try to settle your claim for as little as possible. In fact, if they know your claim is worth a lot of money, they will pressure you to settle quickly.
Injuries in Rear-End Collisions
The physics of a rear-impact crash transfer most of the energy to the vehicle in front. We have handled serious and catastrophic injuries from these accidents. This includes whiplash and cervical fractures, head trauma and brain injury, herniated disk and spinal cord injuries, and injuries to the face and chest. Our verdicts and settlements also include wrongful death recoveries for fatal car accidents.
Mike Hancock formerly worked in insurance defense. He knows that rear-end accidents are never “open-and-shut” cases. He draws on more than 20 years of knowledge from both sides of these lawsuits to protect your rights and maximize your compensation.
Have More Questions About Your Rear-End Car Accident case?
For your free consultation
with attorney Mike Hancock, call us at 813-915-1110. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also contact us by e-mail.