Worst Accident Locations in Tampa
It’s no secret that car accidents are a super common occurrence in and around Tampa. It seems that every time I get in my car I see at least one from my starting point to my destination (It’s more like 2-3 on average, honestly). Pedestrian involved accidents are on a huge rise in the area recently, all the while safety measures are increasing. For all drivers and daily commuters especially, It is crucial to be aware of the most dangerous intersections around Tampa. With this knowledge, drivers are more likely to take extra precautions when driving near bad accident locations, and in turn take more precautions when driving overall.
The top 10 Worst Intersections in January of 2017 are:
- Dale Mabry Highway North and Bearss Ave W (15 accidents)
- Bruce B Downs Blvd and Bearss Ave E ( 13 accidents)
- Anderson Rd and Waters Ave W (13 accidents)
- Waters Ave W and Sheldon Rd (13 accidents)
- Linebaugh Ave W and Sheldon Rd (13 accidents)
- Hanley Rd and Waters Ave W (12 accidents)
- Dale Mabry Hwy N and Waters Ave W (12 accidents)
- Ehrlich Rd and Turner Rd (12 accidents)
- Fletcher Ave E and Bruce B Downs Blvd (11 accidents)
- 301 Hwy S and Big Bend Rd (11 accidents)
So something that we noticed with these top 10 intersections, is that they are majority in North Tampa with the exception of the number 10 spot. Additionally Waters Avenue and Sheldon Road had a few accident hotspots. These areas are highly saturated with neighborhoods and houses and are common routes for the everyday commuters. When you are on these roads, make sure you pay attention because many others might not be.