What Am I Entitled to Recover After My Tampa Motorcycle Accident?
No matter how careful you are when riding your motorcycle, you cannot control how other motorists navigate the roads. Unfortunately, a lot of motorists are simply reckless and inconsiderate of motorcyclists. Fortunately, Florida law provides legal remedies in the form of financial compensation to motorcyclists like you who have been injured in a crash due to another person’s negligence.
While the circumstances of each motorcycle crash will vary from one crash to the next, you be able to pursue the following damages after a motorcycle crash:
- Past, ongoing, and/or future medical costs associated with the motorcycle crash, such as physician expenses, hospital stays, medications, rehabilitative therapy costs, assistive devices, etc. Depending on the extent and seriousness of your condition, your medical treatment could be immensely expensive. Medical care for spinal cord damage and brain injuries, for instance, can last for the remainder of your life.
- Lost income for all the time you were unable to go back to work because of your injuries. This can include future lost income and lost earning capacity if you become incapable of going back to work for a long time or forever.
- Emotional distress, anxiety, pain and suffering, depression, PTSD, and mental anguish brought on by the accident.
- Property damage compensation to help you repair or replace your wrecked motorcycle.
- Loss of consortium claim for your spouse.
Depending on the actions of the at-fault party that caused the crash, punitive damages may be awarded when the at-fault party was intentionally or maliciously negligent or reckless.
Getting Proper Compensation for a Motorcycle Accident Claim
Keep in mind that insurance carriers, no matter how friendly or compassionate they may seem, are focused on protecting their own interests, which is making money and not giving away money. They have highly trained claims adjusters who will use all sorts of underhanded tactics to get you to settle your claim for less than what it is worth.
So before speaking to the at-fault party’s insurer or attorney, consult with a Tampa motorcycle accident attorney first to protect your right to fair compensation and prevent you from saying something that might hurt your claim. Whether you don’t know how to initiate a claim or have been mistreated or manipulated by claims adjusters, your attorney will guide you every step of the way.
Seek Legal Guidance From an Experienced Tampa Motorcycle Accident Attorney Now
Were you injured in a motorcycle accident because of someone else’s negligence? Do not let complex laws and misleading insurance claims tactics hold you back. By allowing our attorneys to represent you, you can better focus your energy on healing and getting your life back in order. Reach out to Hancock Injury Attorneys today.
Our skilled Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys have extensive experience dealing with settlement negotiations and litigation involving motorcycle crashes, so we can make sure that you get compensated fairly for your accident-related damages. To set up your free case review with our Tampa motorcycle accident attorney, call 813-915-1110 or complete our online case review form.