Choose Your Language:
Hablamos Español

Who Is Responsible for Paying For Medical Bills After a Slip & Fall Accident?


Hi, I’m Mike Hancock with Hancock Injury Attorneys. I know that one of your biggest concerns after being injured in a slip and fall, or trip and fall, or premises liability type of accident is: who is going to pay for my medical bills. Well, quite simply the business where you were injured will have a policy of insurance known as a commercial general liability policy that will have coverage on it to pay for your medical bills. That same coverage will also pay for your lost wages and pain and suffering. But for right now I know your biggest concern is who is going to pay for my medical bills. The one thing you need to realize is that the policy only pays for medical bills if we can prove that they are negligent.

We have the burden to prove that the business’ negligence caused you to fall or caused you to be injured in that business. What we do for our clients in slip and fall and premises liability cases is we identify all of the insurance policies that may provide coverage, and then we help prove that the business’ negligence was what caused you to be injured. It’s only then that the insurance policy and the insurance company that provides the policy will agree to pay for your hospital or medical bills that we have been able to successfully prove. That business, such as Publix, Walmart, Target, or Home Depot, has been negligent in the way they have conducted their business that has resulted in our clients being injured. We’ve done that for many years.

I’m Mike Hancock with Hancock Injury Attorneys said if you want any help with your slip and fall or premises liability case please give me a call at 813-534-6929.

what our clients say

Client Testimonials & Reviews

I have received nothing but the best service I can ask for from Mike Hancock’s office. He and his office are true professionals in every sense of the word. They guided me along the process and had outstanding communication. I am more than pleased with the services they provided, and I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

— Kayla Hamilton

From first to last interactions with attorneys Mike and Claire Hancock, to all the supporting staff and legals, the office has always been courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. They have always gotten right back with me when I had a question, and would not hesitate to highly recommend them.

—Debbie Smith

Absolutely fantastic! The Attorneys and its staff are very knowledgeable. Through my entire process they kept constant communication and the return of calls. I couldn't have made a better choice.Can’t say enough. Thank you, Mike and Gabby.

- L.C.

I want to express my thanks to you and your staff for handling my case. Your expertise and kindness in representing me was invaluable. Thank you so much for your professional and effective help. I won’t hesitate to recommend your firm to anyone who may need legal assistance

- J.M. of Tampa, Florida

I have no words to describe the wonderful experience that had been for me to do business with his legal firm . . . I really appreciate all the great effort that you guys put into my case.

- F.F. of Ocala, Florida

Heartfelt thanks to you for my check and for all your work for the extra check. I am so grateful to you. Appreciate everything very much! Special thoughts and prayers.

- So grateful to you

Thanks for the awesome service. You both did so much work on this and I appreciate it very much. This is a great outcome.

- P.Q. of Palatka, Florida

Mike and his team are awesome, emails are always responded back same day and the chiropractor recommendation was great. I was in a small fender bender but was always treated as if my case was worth a million dollars. I recommend his firm 1,000% you won't be disappointed.

- Chris

Your unwavering commitment to my family, and the love and compassion you have shown by your actions, and not just words, have had a dramatic, unforgettable impact on us all. Your kindness and level headedness in your representation has helped us be able to live a decent and stress-free life from here forward.

- P.M. of Brooksville, Florida

More Testimonials & Reviews