Do you Need a Lawyer for a Trip and Fall?The following is one of many trip and fall questions asked on avvo.com. Mike Hancock answered this one in October, 2013.
Question: I tripped and fell. I tripped and fell on my head and back due to merchandise being on the floor beside me. I went to the hospital first and to my doctor for evaluation. Starting treatment for my head, neck, lower back and hip pain. Do I Need A Trip and Fall attorney?
Mike Hancock’s answer: Trip and fall type accidents are also referred to as premises liability cases. You will most likely need an attorney to represent you. However, before being able to give you good advice, an attorney would need to ask you many questions:
- Exactly how did your fall occur?
- Do you know how the merchandise was placed on the floor?
- Who placed the merchandise on the floor?
- How long had the merchandise been on the floor?
- Had it been on the floor long enough so that the store employees knew or should have known that it was on the floor?
- Were there any warning signs?
- Why didn’t you notice the merchandise?
- How much were your medical bills at the hospital?
- Did you suffer a concussion?
- What was the diagnosis at the ER?
- Are you starting treatment with a chiropractor or an M.D.?
- Physical therapy? MRIs? CT scans?
- How are your medical bills being paid?
As an attorney that has represented clients in slip and fall cases for 25 years, these are just some of the questions I would ask you before being able to advise you if you have a case, and whether it would be helpful for you to retain an attorney.
Do you need a Trip and Fall attorney?
Contact the personal injury lawyers at the Hancock Injury Attorneys for a free, no obligation consultation. Call us at 813-915-1110.