How to Keep your Pool Party Safe this Summer
Summer in Florida and pool parties just go together perfectly. What better way to beat the heat then a cool down in the pool with friends and family. We want you to throw the best pool parties this summer! You know what that means? Making sure pool party safety tactics are put into place. We want everyone to have the best time possible; following this tips will ensure that they do!
- Make sure all wires near the pool are repaired and maintained
- There has been a slew of water electrocution stories lately. If electricity powers a light or pump make sure all the wiring is safe.
- Keep an eye on young and inexperienced swimmers
- If there are kids that are just learning to swim, or just did, it is important to keep an eye on them. Drowning is a huge fatality and injury risk for children under 4. Have a self-closing gate, make sure you have floaties and always have ADULT supervision.
- Prevent Slip-and-Fall Accidents
- Make sure no kids or any party-goers run around the pool. If there are super slippery areas, put a rubber mat down and warn others.
- Make sure no one Drives Drunk
- When you have a pool party (with adults) drinking is almost inevitable. A margarita, beer goes perfectly with a pool day. You know what doesn’t? Driving drunk. If someone got hurt due to drink driving, you could be liable as the social host. Offer them a couch or space to sleep, call them a cab or Uber or have a last call in place at a suitable time before everyone plans on leaving the party.
Follow these pool party safety guidelines and hopefully you will have a stress-free, fun, relaxing pool day this summer! So, are we invited?!