I Need to Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Tampa
Car accident claims are challenging and hinge on a range of complex factors. So, if you suffer a car accident injury due to another driver’s negligence, hiring an experienced car accident attorney in Tampa is in the best interest of your recovery. By having professional legal counsel on your side, you increase your chances of getting a fair settlement when you file a personal injury claim.
How Do I Prove the Other Driver’s Negligence?
It’s crucial to the success of your car accident claim to prove the other driver’s negligence in the matter. This involves weaving relevant evidence into a claim that illustrates how the other driver’s negligence directly caused your legal damages.
Most car accident evidence falls within the following categories:
- Physical evidence gathered at the scene of the car accident
- Photos, videos, and dashcam footage collected from around the time of the accident
- The testimony of eyewitnesses
- The testimony of experts with knowledge relevant to your case
- The police report
- Your testimony on how the accident happened and how it has affected your life
- Accident recreation models
- Your related medical records and medical bills
Your seasoned car accident attorney will compile all the applicable evidence. Then, they will use their findings to craft a strong claim that highlights the other driver’s negligence and the full scope of your losses.
What Can Lead to a Car Accident?
Car accidents are often the result of driver negligence, which can take many different dangerous forms, including:
- Speeding, which increases the likelihood of an accident occurring
- Disregard for the rules of the road
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Falling asleep at the wheel due to exhaustion
- Road rage and other aggressive driving practices
Even if you’re partly responsible for the car accident, you can seek compensation from the other driver because of Florida’s comparative fault statute.
What Are My Legal Damages?
The losses you experience as a result of the other driver’s negligence can include damages related to all the following:
- Property damage to your vehicle and the contents of your vehicle
- Your medical bills
- Your lost earnings
- Your pain and suffering, which refers to your related emotional struggles and can be overwhelming
3 Steps to Bolster Your Claim
If another driver’s wrongdoing leaves you injured, you may not know how to protect your rights as you pursue compensation. Fortunately, there are some basic steps every car accident victim can take to help bolster their claim, including:
1. Don’t Neglect Your Health
Seek the immediate medical attention you need following an accident. Remember, the adrenaline and shock you experience in the wake of an injury can mask serious pain and symptoms that you wouldn’t otherwise ignore. Further, some injuries are slow to become symptomatic.
Reaching out for early medical attention can improve your health prognosis. Also, doing so can strengthen your claim by sending a strong message to the insurance company. Finally, make it your mission to carefully follow your doctor’s guidance and instructions.
2. Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Tampa as Soon as Possible
Other than getting the medical care that you need, working closely with a practiced car accident attorney is the most important step you can take on the path forward toward recovery.
Find an attorney that:
- you’re comfortable opening up and sharing a difficult experience;
- has considerable experience in successfully guiding challenging claims like yours toward favorable outcomes;
- is committed to fiercely defending your rights;
- and who has time to dedicate to your claim.
3. Keep a Low Profile When It Comes to the Insurance Company
It’s in the insurance company’s best interest to keep your settlement as low as possible to bolster its profits. The insurance company will search through your statements for anything it can twist into claim-damaging meanings to do so.
Since you’re under no legal obligation to make a statement to the insurance company, you’re far better off leaving this task to your car accident attorney.
Likewise, be careful of what you post on social media. The insurance company will also lurk through your social media profiles to find any it can use to lower your claim. Your skilled car accident attorney knows how to handle the insurance company, so allow them to do so on your behalf.
Consult with an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Tampa
Our accomplished Tampa car accident attorneys at Hancock Injury Attorneyshave experience guiding even the most challenging car accident claims toward beneficial conclusions. We look forward to also serving you. Learn more about what we can do to help by contacting or calling us at 813-527-9040 today.