Earning Money when you are Injured
When you go through a personal injury accident one of the biggest fears you might have is work. For some of our clients, their injuries are to the point where they can’t go to work for an extended period of time. This makes it hard to pay bills, buy necessary products, etc. When going through a difficult time, finances are the last thing you are going to want to deal with. Here are a couple of suggestions of ways to earn money while you are unable to go to work:
- File a Case: If you haven’t yet, call Hancock Injury Attorneys at 813.915.1110 to see if your case is one that we can take. Depending on the severity of your injury, you could receive compensation for the accident (if it was not your fault). Read more about personal injury accidents to see if this might be the best choice for you. The money you might get could supplement your income until you go back to work.
- Sell Unwanted Items: If you are like many of us, you probably have a bunch of clothes in your closet or items around the house that you don’t use or want anymore. Take these items and try to sell them on sites like E-Bay, Craigslist or Poshmark.
- Freelance Work: Depending on your type of job, you could do some light freelance work. There are many sites that have listings for a variety of job types that you can do for a short amount of time.
- Work From Home: There are many companies that offer short-term or long-term work from home jobs. The Penny Hoarder has many listings for these types of positions. Many don’t require previous experience. You can also use google as a tool and just type in “short-term work from home jobs.”
- Websites Pay You for Opinion/Work: Nowadays there are many websites that you can go on and make money. For example on OpinionOutpost you can take surveys and earn money or rewards. CrowdSource is a website that offers you money to do small tasks. Liveops is a phone answering service site, Project Payday let’s you get paid to give testimonials. There are dozens of more options, these are just a few.
We hope this gives you some ideas of how to stay ahead financially while dealing with a personal injury accident. But remember, do not do anything that will stop you from healing quickly, or that could negatively impact your injury.