Few people walk away from a motorcycle accident – the motorcyclist or a passenger suffers significant injury in four out of five crashes. In Hillsborough County alone, some 500 motorcycle riders are injured each year in traffic accidents.
You can count on the Hancock Law Firm to vigorously pursue full compensation if you or a loved one was injured through the negligence of another. Trial lawyer Mike Hancock has earned many motorcycle accident settlements and jury verdicts for catastrophic injuries, including past and future medical expenses, past wage losses, loss of future earnings and pain and suffering.
Common Injuries Suffered in a Motorcycle Accident
- Brain injury and concussion, as the head violently contacts other vehicles or objects.
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Amputation and loss of use
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Shattered or fractured joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees and wrists), fingers, spine and neck. The most common breakages are the shoulder and the pelvis.
- Scarring and facial disfigurement. This often occurs when the biker is not wearing a full-face helmet. This injury occurs when unprotected face slides across the ground or smashes into an object.
- Soft tissue damage (road rash) as the body slides across the surface.
- Biker’s arm, a condition where the nerves in the upper arm are damaged during the fall, causing a permanent paralysis of arm movement.
Working with doctors, physical therapists and other professionals, we detail the extent of injury, the prognosis for recovery or lasting disability and ongoing medical needs, such as reconstructive surgery, prosthetic limbs, medical equipment and pain management. We also calculate damages for loss of income, vocational retraining, lost enjoyment of life and psychological trauma or depression.
The Hancock Law Firm has also represented surviving family members in motorcycle fatality lawsuits, including compensation for a loved one’s conscious pain and suffering prior to death.
We Know What Your Case Is Worth
Mike Hancock worked in insurance defense earlier in his career. He knows what documentation is needed to get full value for your injuries, and he is wise to the tricks insurance companies employ to deny or limit compensation. With more than 20 years of experience in personal injury litigation, he is qualified and committed to fighting for the damages our clients need and deserve.
Been Injured by a Careless Driver while Riding your Motorcycle?
Our Injury Law Firm has recovered damages for the full spectrum of major and minor injuries suffered by motorcycle operators and their passengers. Call Hancock Law Firm for your free case consultation at 813-915-1110. Our phones are answered 24/7/365.