Having your first child is an exciting, busy time in life. Something to consider in addition to buying a safe car seat and stroller is buying a new car that will keep your little one as safe and protected as possible. Cars.com made a list of the best cars to buy for families, and shockingly there is only ONE minivan! From large, medium and small, there are options for any family’s needs.
- Chevy Bolt EV- this car not only is compact, but it also is an electric car that has a 238-mile range!. The interior is roomy and a rear-facing car seat is no problem.
- Chrysler Pacifica- the only minivan on the list, the Pacifica is roomy enough for a huge family and their stuff. The power-sliding doors are super helpful with full hands of baby gear and the tall ride height makes it easier to use car seats.
- Honda CR-V- this smaller SUV is not too big, bus spacious enough for a family. It has space, safety and is an economical choice
- Subaru Ascent- this midsize SUV has three rows and a ton of safety equipment, a crazy amount of 19 cupholders and spill-resistant cloth seats!
- Volkswagen Atlas- for a larger three-row option, parents may choose the Atlas. This large SUV is huge on the inside but surprisingly drives like a smaller car. Having a car seat in the middle still leaves plenty of room for passengers on either side and the extra row folds down if you aren’t in need of it, but do need the space to pack the trunk!
We hope this list gives plenty of options for first-time parents or any family that is looking for the perfect family car for their brood. For added safety read our blog on how to properly install a car seat!