Tampa Personal Injury Attorney Mike Hancock has excelled in personal injury litigation for over 28 years, earning among other honors, an “AV-Preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, “Superb”10.0 rating by avvo.com, membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, being named one of Florida’s SuperLawyers and one of Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers. After several years handling claims for the insurance industry, Mr. Hancock founded Hancock Injury Attorneys in 1996 with a clear understanding of the insurance industry and how to obtain the best results for his clients. Mr. Hancock graduated from the University of Florida and South Texas College of Law. Mr. Hancock is a second generation Tampa native. Among other charitable organizations for which he volunteers, Mr. Hancock serves on the Board of Directors of the Carrollwood Bar Association and has been elected as President for the past two years. Our personal injury law firm serves clients in Tampa, as well as all counties in West and Central Florida, and throughout Florida.
During his first eight years of practice, Mr. Hancock was an attorney at two large insurance defense law firms representing, defending, and completing many jury trials for insurance companies including Allstate, State Farm, Geico, the Travelers, and several Fortune 500 companies in personal injury and wrongful death cases. During these eight years, not only was he trained by some of the best attorneys in the country, he was made privy to the insider secrets and inner workings of how insurance companies defend and evaluate personal injury claims. He was also taught the insurance company tactics used over and over again to minimize the amount paid, or to completely avoid paying legitimate personal injury claims made by otherwise responsible and kind people from our community.
In 1996, after representing insurance companies for eight years, and having gained an insider knowledge of the insurance industry, Mr. Hancock left a successful insurance defense firm and founded Hancock Injury Attorneys. Using his knowledge of insider secrets of the insurance industry, he has been devoted exclusively to representing the injured in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Mike Hancock is proud of having earned the following awards and recognitions:
An “AV-Preeminent” rating by Martindale–Hubbell Law Directory
Martindale-Hubbell is the definitive law directory to the most distinguished attorneys in America. This “AV-Preeminent” rating is an honor indicating that Mke Hancock has reached the height of professional excellence in legal proficiency and ethical standards. The rating is based on the confidential opinions of peer attorneys and judges in the community. Less than 5% of the attorneys in the US have earned this honor.
Florida Super Lawyers
Since 2011, Mr. Hancock has been named one of Florida’s Super Lawyers. Only 5% of Florida attorneys are chosen each year for this distinctive honor. Florida’s Super Lawyers are attorneys who undergo a statewide nomination process, independent research on each candidate and then recognition by other attorneys and judges for the excellence of their legal skill.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Mike Hancock is a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which recognizes attorneys across the country who have obtained verdicts or settlements in excess of $1,000,000.00. Less than 1% of lawyers in the United States have been selected to become members.
Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers
Since 2012, Mike Hancock has been named one of Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers. Tampa personal injury attorneys are chosen for inclusion based solely on a vote of his or her peers, earning the distinction of reaching the highest level of professional excellence and ethical standards.
The Order of Barristers
The Order of Barristers is a national honorary organization, one of only two national honorary organizations for law schools in the country, that distinguishes the top 10 advocates from each law school who have excelled in advocacy. This honor is earned by demonstrating one’s advocacy skills and one’s dedication to promoting advocacy through service.
Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Court Mediator
Mr. Hancock was certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a statewide circuit court mediator in 1998. He believes that his training and experience as a certified mediator enhances his ability to obtain the best results for his clients.
Top 100 National Trial Lawyers
The National Trial Lawyers is a professional organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers. This national organization provides networking opportunities, advocacy training, and the highest quality educational programs for trial lawyers. Mike has been a member since 2015.
America’s Top 100 Attorneys
Membership among America’s Top 100 Attorneys identifies and highlights the accomplishments of the nation’s most esteemed and skilled attorneys in all areas of practice. Only 100 attorneys in each state recieve this honor. Mike Hancock is a lifetime award recipient.
Lead Counsel Rated
The Lead Counsel Verification was established in 1997 as a quality assurance tool consumers and businesses can use to quickly and easily evaluate a prospective attorney’s ability and credibility.
Mr. Hancock Frequently Lectures Other Florida Attorneys, Legal Professionals and Insurance Adjusters
Throughout his legal career, Mr. Hancock has lectured to other Florida attorneys, legal professionals, and insurance adjusters about handling and litigating every aspect of personal injury cases, motor vehicle accident cases and dog bite claims. Some of the more recent continuing legal education seminars he has lectured at include the following:
- Auto Injury Litigation from Start to Finish (2014)
- Case Intake, Pre-Suit Investigation In Motor Vehicle Accident Litigation (2014)
- Discovery Techniques For Personal Injury Litigation (2011)
- Automobile Cases, from Start to Finish (2008)
- A Practical Refresher On Litigating The Florida Auto Injury Case (2005)
- Trying The Automobile Case In Florida (2004)
Mike Hancock is also proud of membership in the following legal and business associations:
- Florida Justice Association
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Carrollwood Bar Association (Board of Directors 2011-2015, President 2016-2017, 2017-2018)
- Carrollwood Area Business Association
Mr. Hancock has also given back to his community by volunteering his personal time and legal experience to the following nonprofit organizations:
- Carrollwood Civic Association – Board of Directors, legal counsel, 2006-2016
- Carrollwood Bar Association – Board of Directors, President
- Trinity School For Children (a Hillsborough County charter school) – Board of Directors 2009-2011
- University of Florida, Lake Watch – volunteer (Lake Carroll)
- Florida, 1991
- Texas, 1988
- U. S. District Court, Middle District Of Florida
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas Juris Doctor – 1987
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – 1983
Mr. Hancock received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from the University of Florida in 1983 and his law degree from South Texas College of Law in 1987. Michael is a second generation native of Tampa. He is a graduate of Jesuit high school. In his free time, Michael enjoys outdoor sports with his family and friends such as golf, fishing, water skiing and wake boarding, and mountain biking.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Super Lawyers of Florida, 2011 – present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2005 – present
- AV-Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell, 2002 – present
- Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers, 2012 – present
- Florida Certified Circuit Court Mediator, 2002 – present
- The Order of Barristers, 1987 – present
- Carrollwood Bar Association, Member, 2007 – present
- Carrollwood Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2011 – 2015
- Carrollwood Bar Association, President 2016-present
- Carrollwood Area Business Association, 2010 – present
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, 2000 – present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 1991 – present
- Florida Justice Association, 1996 – present
- Trinity School for Children, Board of Directors, 2009 – 2011
- Trinity School for Children, PPA, 2005 – 2007
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1994 – 2006
- American Bar Association, 1988 – 2006
America’s Top 100 Attorneys- Florida, 2016
Fastest Growing Law Firm- Law Firm 500, 2016
Top 100 Trial Lawyers- National Trial Lawyers Association, 2015
Lead Counsel Rated- Law Info, 2013
Pro Bono Activities
- Carrollwood Civic Association – Legal Counsel, 2006 – present
- Trinity School for Children – PPA and Board of Directors, 2005 – 2011
- Carrollwood Bar Association – Board of Directors, 2011 – present
How can we help you?
Call personal injury attorney Mike Hancock for answers to your legal questions at 813-915-1110 or chat online with us. Our phones and online chat are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Mike will answer your questions, make recommendations, and provide you with a free evaluation of your personal injury case, all without obligation to use our legal services.